Owner and Data Controller
The Curious Few. ℅- 420A Streatham High Road, London, UK, SW16 3SN:
Contact email: The Curious Few
If you are asked to provide information when using this Website, it will only be used in the ways described in this Policy.
This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please email: The Curious Few
Why we gather Data
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and Services and to enable certain functions on this Website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this Website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What Data we gather
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are:
- Usage Data
- Contact Data including name, company name and email address.
Complete details on each type of Personal Data collected are provided in the dedicated sections of this Policy or by specific explanation texts displayed prior to the Data collection.
Personal Data may be freely provided by you, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for us to provide services. In cases where we specifically state that some Data is not mandatory, you are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the service.
If you are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory, please contact us.
You are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to us.
How we use this Data
Collecting this Data helps us understand what you are looking for from us, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Collecting this Data helps us understand what you are looking for from us, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use Data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the Website for you
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to us, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by us. The updated list of these parties may be requested from us at any time. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to us, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by us. The updated list of these parties may be requested from us at any time.
Legal basis of processing
We may process Personal Data relating to you if one of the following applies:
- You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations we may be allowed to process Personal Data until you object to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European Data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed in any place where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on your location, Data transfers may involve transferring your Data to a country other than your own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, you can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
You are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organisation governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your Data.
If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with us using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and you shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. You may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by us within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us.
We may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to Data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable us to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of user behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Contact form (this Website)
By filling in the contact form with your Data, you authorise us to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request.
Personal Data collected: name, company name, email address.
This type of service helps us to manage the tags or scripts needed on this Website in a centralised fashion.
This results in your Data flowing through these services, potentially resulting in the retention of this Data.
Google Tag Manager (Google LLC)
Google Tag Manager is a tag management service provided by Google LLC.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
User Database Management
This type of service allows us to build user profiles by starting from an email address, a personal name, or other information that you provide to this Website.
This Personal Data may also be matched with publicly available information about you (such as social networks’ profiles) and used to build private profiles that we can display and use for improving this Website and our communications to you.
Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to you, such as emails based on specific actions performed on this Website.
HUBSPOT CRM (Hubspot Inc.)
Hubspot CRM is a User Database management service provided by Hubspot Inc.
You may exercise certain rights regarding the Data we process about you. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data. Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Object to processing of your Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access your Data. You have the right to learn if Data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of you Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected. Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of you Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of your Data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of you Data. In this case, we will not process your Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Data from us.
- Receive your Data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before your competent Data protection authority. Restrict the processing of your Data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of you Data. In this case, we will not process your Data for any purpose other than storing it.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
You must know that, however, should your Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the are processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to us through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
Your Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by us in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
You declare to be aware that we may be required to reveal Personal Data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about your Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (system logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this Policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from us at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this Policy.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of your consent, we shall collect new consent from you, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party Services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the people who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by you, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or your IT environment.
The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this Website.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).